We are very much looking forward to returning to Great Hills for worship on Sunday, June 7. When we get together again it will have been 12 weeks since we last met in the Worship Center on March 8. We will be gathering for worship only. There will be no Connect Group meetings and no worship care for children during worship. Things will look and feel different from what we normally experience on a Sunday morning, but we will be so excited to be back together it won’t matter…much! While we are free to return to church we want to do so as safely as we can, so we ask that you follow the recommendations in the list below. Thank you for being flexible and for your patience and support as we return.
There will only be two available entrances to the Worship Center:
- The main entrance at Building C
- Entrance D which is located at the handicap lot next to Denim to Pearls. This is provided for those who need wheelchair access, have physical limitations that require a ramp or require parking close to the entrance.
There will be two available doors into the Worship Center:
- The center main doors behind the sound booth and camera stand
- The doors immediately across from the Welcome Center
First Impression Team Members will be wearing masks and will direct you to your seat. They will be posted at both entrances and throughout the hallways and the Ministry Mall.
You will find two pews roped off between available pews for seating. We want to create an environment that maintains the 6-foot social distancing requirement from the CDC.
Each pew available for seating will be marked by tape in 6-foot increments.
High Risk Individuals
All individuals who fall into the high-risk groups as defined by the CDC are encouraged to stay home and worship online. In addition, please stay home if:
- You are sick. This includes coughing and sneezing, even if you think it is allergies.
- You have been ill within the last 10 days.
- You are running a fever.
- If any of the above statements apply to anyone in your home.
Limited Touch Activities
- We discourage hugging, shaking hands, fist bumps or elbow bumps.
- We will not pass an offering plate. Please give online at www.ghbc.org/give or by texting "greathills" to 45777.
- We will not hand out bulletins. Please download the Great Hills app from the Apple App Store or Google Play for Events & Promotions, Connection Corrner, Song Set list, message outline and much more.
Families with Small Children
We have prepared a ziplock activity bag for your children. These bags have been prepared with cleanliness and sanitization in mind. We hope this will help occupy your children during the service. Please feel to bring activity pages from home as well.
Should your child(ren) get restless please feel free to take them into the ministry mall. The service will be available on the TV’s at the Welcome Center and Main Entry. We ask that you wear a mask while in the common areas and maintain 6 ft social distancing while in the ministry mall.
Masks are requested from your car to your seat. Once you are seated, you may remove your mask. After the service we again request masks from your seat to your car.
Six-foot Social Distancing
- We ask that you be mindful of people around you in the parking lot, in the hallway and in the Ministry Mall. Maintain the recommended 6-foot distance between your family and the family in front of you.
- Resist the temptation to stop and mingle with friends.
- Maintain six feet between families/people on the same pew.
The restrooms in the ministry mall immediately adjacent to the main entrance will be monitored and cleaned throughout the morning. All other restrooms will be closed. First Impression Team members will help direct you if you have a question.
- The coffee shop will be closed.
- No coffee stations will be available.
- Water fountains will be roped off and not available.
- Individual water bottles will be available on tables in the coffee shop.
- These will be wiped down by someone wearing a mask and gloves.
There will be hand sanitizer stations at the entrances to the building and the entrances to the Worship Center.
All touch surfaces will be sanitized before and after each weekly worship service.
Invitation at the End of the Service
We will not have a public invitation at the end of the message; however, we will have decision counselors available in the Great Hall. They will maintain the recommended 6-foot social distancing.
Dismissal from Service
Ushers will dismiss people by row to assist in maintaining 6-foot social distancing. Please be patient while people exit the worship center.